OF “ANIMAX SKOPJE FEST”,
International Animation Film Festival 2020
1. The tenth edition of Macedonian International Animation Festival “Animax Skopje Fest” will be held in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia from 2nd to 4th of October 2020.
2. The Festival program is consisted of following sections:
– Open international animated film competition;
– Thematic sections and special screenings.
3. The Organizer of ASF 2020 is Auripigment production in collaboration with NGO Film School Tintiri-Mintiri from Skopje. The Festival is supported by City of Skopje and other partners.
4. The films in official competition can submit art schools, production companies, film institutions, independent artists and other competent persons.
5. The on-line submission process:
The applicant should necessary submit application form set on the Festival website http://animaxskopjefest.mk.
The applicant should upload the film onto a server and provide link for the download. The link should be applied in the application form set on the festival web-site. Other materials can be sent to the festival email address.
The festival accepts submissions through some of on-line film platforms like FilmFreeway etc.
6. The Festival doesn’t charge any fee for submissions. The costs for postal services and procurement of materials, covers the applicant.
7. Who can participate:
Submitted films for official competition can be finished in any animation technique, completed after January 1st, 2019, never previously entered at ASF.
Works should be registered in one of the following categories in order to compete:
a) Short animation films
b) Animated films for kids
Submitted films for official competition must be provided in full HD (minimum resolution 1920X1080 video format H.264). The Festival doesn’t accept 35 mm, BetacamSP or any other tape format as a screening copy.
9. The art director (selector of the Festival) together with Board of the Festival will nominate submitted films for official selection.
10. The deadline for sending applications and materials is 1 September 2020.
11. The applicants are obligated to make official English translation of the submitted films.
12. Macedonian International Animation Festival “Animax Skopje Fest 2020” forms an international jury announced by the Organizer, which will award the following prizes for each festival category:
– GRAND PRIX / Golden Brick
– Second Prize / Silver Brick
– Third prize / Bronze Brick
13. Prizes that are not included in the Festival Statute may be awarded on the Festival, from private donors, institutions and organizations.
14. The Films selected in official competition may be shown more than three times during the Festival.
15. Entrants agree to grant the Festival the rights for using some parts of the films for free, for promotional materials, Festival publications (printed materials, web-sites etc.) and for Festival promotion on all media, as well as for TV screening related to the Festival.
16. The producers of the films in official competition agree to be organized additional screenings of their films for free, after the completion of the Festival in Macedonia and abroad, as a promotion of the festival program.
17. Applying a Film on the Festival denotes acceptance of the Festival Statutes.
18. The organizers will decide for any subject not included in the Festival Statute.
NOTIFICATION: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all the screenings will be held on open spaces.