OF “ANIMAX SKOPJE FEST”,
International Animation Film Festival 2016
1. The sixth edition of Macedonian International Animation Festival “Animax Skopje Fest” will be held in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
2. The Festival program is consisted of following sections:
– Open international animated film competition;
– Thematic sections and special screenings.
3. The Organizer of ASF 2016 is Auripigment production in collaboration with NGO Film School Tintiri-Mintiri from Skopje. The Festival is supported by Macedonian Film Agency, City of Skopje and other partners.
4. The films in official competition can submit art schools, production companies, film institutions, independent artists and other competent persons.
5. The submission process: Submission by post: The applicant should necessary submit application form set on the Festival web site http://animaxskopjefest.mk on the festival official e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant should also send the signed version of application form together with animation film by regular post, on the following address: For Animax Skopje Fest 2016 Str. Venijamin Macukovski 17/1-1 1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
The applicant should necessarily send:
– Printed and signed application form
– High definition digital video of the film
– Short synopsis of the film (max 300 characters)
– Short biography of the director (300 characters max)
– 3 high quality photos from the film
– 3 high quality photos from the director
– English dialogue lists.
For on-line submission:
The applicant should necessary submit application form set on the Festival website http://animaxskopjefest.mk on the festival official e-mail address email@example.com.
The applicant should upload the film onto a server and provide link for the download. Other materials (same as submission by post) should be sent on the festival email address.
All received materials will remain a property of the archive of the Festival, irrespective whether the film as selected in official competition or not. The festival accepts submissions through some of on-line film platforms (Click For Festivals, Festhome etc.)
6. The Festival doesn’t charge any fee for submissions. The costs for postal services and procurement of materials, covers the applicant. The submitted materials should not be returned.
7. Who can participate Submitted films for official competition can be finished in any animation technique, completed after January 1st, 2015, never previously entered at ASF. Works should be registered in one of the following categories in order to compete:
a) Short animation films
b) Feature animation films (over 45 minutes)
c) Animated films for kids
8. Formats Submitted films for official competition must be provided in high definition digital video (minimum resolution 1280×720). The Festival doesn’t accept 35 mm, BetacamSP or any other tape format as a screening copy.
9. The art director (selector of the Festival) together with Board of the Festival will nominate submitted films for official selection.
10. The deadline for sending applications and materials is 20th of September 2016.
11. The applicants are obligated to make official English translation of the submitted films.
12. Macedonian International Animation Festival “Animax Skopje Fest 2016” forms an international jury announced by the Organizer, which will award the prizes: – GRAND PRIX / Golden Brick – Second Prize / Silver Brick – Third prize / Bronze Brick for each festival category.
13. Prizes that are not included in the Festival Statute may be awarded on the Festival, from private donors, institutions and organizations.
14. The Films selected in official competition may be shown more than three times during the Festival.
15. Entrants agree to grant the Festival the rights for using some parts of the films for free, for promotional materials, Festival publications (printed materials, web-sites etc.) and for Festival promotion on all media, as well as for TV screening related to the Festival.
16. The producers of the films in official competition agree to be organized additional screenings of their films for free, after the completion of the Festival in Macedonia and abroad, as a promotion of the festival program.
17. Applying a Film on the Festival denotes acceptance of the Festival Statutes.
18. The organizers will decide for any subject not included in the Festival Statute