DAY ONE – Thursday, 02.12.2016 / 20:00h
1. Akt / Macedonia / Aco Stankovski / 2016 / 13’40”
“Akt” is an animated movie, which represents, on a poetic way, one the most present topics in the history of Fine art, the depiction of the naked body as it was inexhaustible inspiration for many significant artists.
2. Little Jacque / UK / John Davide / 2015 / 01’30’’
“Little Jacque” is a whimsical story of a boys sub aquatic quest. He experiences both wonder and great fear during his submerged capers. However, his adventures are really just manifestations of a boy with his toys during his Sunday night bath.
3. My Lost Things / China / Weijia Chen / 2015 / 06’
Adapted from Szymborska`s poem “Still life with a balloon”. A girl wonders what happened to her lost things. She would like to have them back.
4. Gratitude / Romania / Stefan Scarlatescu, Andrei Scarlatescu / 2015 / 5’40’’
An odd ceremony during which The General shows his gratitude towards his peers and his subjects in an unexpected way.
5. My Grandfather Was A Cherry Tree / Russia / Olga Poliektova, Tatiana Poliektova / 2015 / 12’30”
This is a movie-memory, narrated by a young boy about his views on life and death. It’s also a story about an unusual grandfather, who could listen to the trees breathing and believed that “Person can’t die if someone still loves him”.
6. Red / Iran / Ario Saffarzadegan / 2015 / 01’40”
A different short story about Little Red Riding Hood.
7. An Elephant On the Moon / France / Benjamin Barthelemy / 2016 / 08’55”
Paris by night. It’s storming, and raining a lot. A lightning falls on a handicapped traffic sign. Because of the electricity, the 20 cm white guy in the wheelchair has felt on the ground and becomes alive. Because everything in this giant raining world is a danger to him, He decides go on the moon by stolen balloon.
8. Rabbit Blood / Turkey / Yagmur Altan / 2016 / 04’36”
Just an ordinary day at an old mysterious Turkish country house where its residents have an extraordinary way of brewing tea.
9. Scapegoat / Israel / Gal Haklay / 2015 / 08’30”
Ben is struggling to find his place in the world. He has problems with his wife and he is a violent alcoholic who doesn’t care about anything. When he has nowhere left to go, he finds his way to a place where he thinks he could belong – Azazel. In Azazel he learns that the only way for him to fit in is self-sacrifice.
10. All Rot / UK, Germany, Hong Kong / Max Hattler / 2015 / 04’
Responding to the compositional and aesthetic qualities of abstract expressionism and cameraless animation, All Rot uses photographic reanimation to render the mundane environment of a decaying crazy golf course into a rapturous split-screen experiment in synaesthetic cinema.
11. Anima Radix / Chile, Australia / Fernando Silva De La Cruz / 2015 / 03’
A journey of metamorphosis to emerge from a dark world.
DAY TWO – Friday, 02.12.2016
1. The Little Boy / Iran / Mona Abdollahshahi / 2015 / 07’35”
People are leaving a town by the order of military. But a Little boy doesn’t want to follow them. He wants to complete his own mission but…
2. Bad Reception / UK / John Davide / 2016 / 01’34”
An unborn child finds itself in unexpectedly exposed to circumstances outside the safety of the womb and is drawn unnaturally into a scenario of rapidly deteriorating domestic dysfunction.
3. Love / Hungary / Reka Bucsi / 2016 / 14’35”
“Love” is a short film describing affection in 3 different chapters, through an impact on a distant solar system.
4. Prejudice / Turkey / Fatih Yashar / 2016 / 04’16”
A lonely man wakes up to an ordinary day. As usual he heads towards the table to drink a glass of water on his table. However, he realizes an unexpected visitor at home.
5. Me, Baby and the Alligator / Canada / Jean Faucher / 2016 / 10’37”
A young couple lives in their old truck with a full sized alligator. When they stop to eat at a roadside cantina in rural Mexico, the Colonel who runs the town takes a threatening interest in the lady, which he comes to regret when he meets the couple’s traveling companion.
6. A Taste of Reign / Serbia / Stefan Katanić / 2015 / 04’29’’
A conflict between a man and an alien over a mystical crown becomes a duel between rationality and instinct, between the human and the animal.
7. Requiem for Pinocchio / Bosnia and Herzegovina / Berin Tuzlić / 2015 / 10’36”
“Requiem for Pinocchio” is a story of the indoctrination of raising children. This is a story that speaks about a son and his father in Sarajevo and a son and his father at the same age in Paris. This story is а warning for all the people who play with peoples fates.
8. Tekkol / Netherlands / Jorn Leeuwerink / 2015 / 01’55”
A dog decides to help a hen and her chicks in crossing the river, but then he lets all kinds of animals walk all over him.
9. Light Sight / Iran / 2016 / Seyed M. Tabatabaei / 07’34’’
M.E., the character of the story, is born inside a room made of varied sized spheres and brightened by a floating light. After his enlightening, he begins interaction with the spheres.
10. Joining Dots / Ireland / Fiona Ryan / 2016 / 03’09”
Luna traces constellations which come alive in the night sky. She tries to show her dad, who struggles to understand her imaginary world.
11. Above and Below / Israel / Liron Narunsky, Oved Poran / 2016 / 09’36”
This short film envelopes a tale of an old shaman, a spiritual leader of a primitive tribe on her deathbed. She will bid farewell to her tribe in a mystical ritual and will be buried in a ceremonial burial preceded by a feast in her honor.
12. Every Drop Counts / India / Dhimant Vyas / 2016 / 01’15”
This movie is made to build a bridge between those who live in the cities with fresh running water and the people, animals, birds and landscapes affected by a drought. It tells the two sides of a story, on one screen. It gives the full picture.
DAY THREE – Saturday, 03.12.2016
1. Squame / Canada / Nicolas Brault / 2015 / 04’09”
Squame explores the body’s sensitive envelope, the skin. Somewhere between archaeological artifacts and macroscopic observations, the friable frontiers of these human bodies elude our gaze.
2. Begone Dull Care / Canada / Paul Johnson / 2015 / 04’09”
“Begone Dull Care” remakes and updates the 1949 NFB animated short film by providing a visual representation of 80s style chiptune music through a dance of tightly timed abstract paintings and pixel-art.
3. AM/FM / UK / Thomas Hicks / 2016 / 05’10”
Two characters life stories are presented across a radio timeline on the AM and FM frequencies. Their lives are depicted from birth to death together and apart.
4. Moment / Israel / Chagai Neuman / 2016 / 02’04”
A story of a neurotic guy named Nati who gets a panic attack after his wife, Neta, is late for her birthday dinner. At the end she calls and everything is fine, but he still feels defeated.
5. “Parade” de Satie / Japan / Koji Yamamura / 2016 / 14’12”
A Parade for 3 managers & 4 performers. Mixing quotes from French composer Erik Satie’s essays with the music Parade, this is an animated re-creation of realist ballet images going beyond reality.
6. Ping An / USA / Ranran Meng, Jay Xia / 2016 / 02’53”
“Ping An” is the story of a mother and her soldier son in the time of ancient China. When the son must leave for battle, his mother gives him an amulet for protection and prays for him everyday in his absence.
7. Kreatury / Poland / Tessa Moult-Milewska / 2015 / 09’55”
“Creatures” is a grotesque love story about Harold and Matylda – two caricatures of people, trying to adjust to the black and white environment they live in. In a search for acceptance they cover their characteristic features, but they can’t hide their true nature.
8. BINGO! / Netherlands / Patrick Schoenmaker / 2015 / 03’
The seclusive retirement home Afterglow is a depressing end station. Fortunately, feisty elderly Gerda has one spark of joy: the weekly Bingo night. When she is one blank short of winning the game and the tiny ball suddenly disappears, she starts an absurd search in which she is willing to go to extreme lengths in order to get the outcome of that night’s bingo game.
9. Hum / USA / Tom Teller / 2015 / 08’30”
A solitary dish washing robot living out his life in the back room of a restaurant is enlightened to the world that exists beyond his four walls, with the help of a small friend he breaks free of confinement to pursue his dream of exploration.
10. 20 Kicks / Bulgaria / Dimitar Dimitrov / 2016 / 06’20”
Тhe main character lives in a world, in which exchange system is slaps and fists. In this way the film is raising the question of the price we pay for the small pleasures, and the sacrifices we make, to attain true happiness.
11. Sour Puss / Ireland / Emily Lynch / 2015 / 04’04”
“Sour Puss” is the story of a dad and his little girl. Sometimes dad is so busy he forgets to have fun! His daughter want to remind him how lovely it can be to take time out and enjoy life. They spend a wonderful day together and slowly dad begins to de-stress and have a good time.
12. Lamps / UK / Patrick O’Mahony / 2015 / 06’25”
A young, Victorian lamp light named Magnet encounters a problem only he can solve.
DAY FOUR – Sunday, 04.12.2016
1. Jonas and the Sea / Netherlands / Marlies Van Der Wel / 2015 / 10’
Ever since he was a boy, there was only one place Jonas wanted to be. The sea. Not just watching it or swimming in it, but being part of it. Under the waves with the fish is the only place in the world he feels at home. But it’s not possible or is it?
2. Iktsuarpok / UK / Rachel Lloyd / 2016 / 07’15”
There is no English equivalent for “Iktsuarpok”, an Inuit word that describes the feeling of anticipation that leads you to keep looking outside to see if anyone is coming.
This feeling is often experienced by a sweet-natured but naive yeti who lives alone in a frozen wilderness. When he crosses paths with a small bird, has the lonely creature finally found the friend he’s been waiting for?
3. Switchman / Iran / Mehdi Khoramian / 2016 / 09’51”
The old single man Is waiting for his gone sweetheart on a station.
4. Trumpet Man / Hong Kong / 2016 / Emily Wong / 13’50”
A turntable springs out a woman named Avocado, out of Avocado’s instinct creates a man called Soul. Passion swings them in a great trumpet mood. But madness strikes Soul, makes him enter to Avocado’s vagina. Seed of passion breeds conflict among five men, and leads Soul to the fact of life.
5. Utopia / Poland / 2016 / Daniel Zagorski / 03’59”
6. Otto / Netherlands / Job,Joris & Marieke / 2015 / 10’
A woman who can’t have children steals the imaginary friend of a little girl and keeps this a secret from her husband. While the woman enjoys life with her imaginary child the gap between her and her husband grows bigger. When the little girl comes to claim back her imaginary friend, it’s the power of imagination that brings everyone together.
7. Touched / Spain / 2015 / Ludwig Camarillo, Cristina Guisado / 02’40”
A man made of clay feels the need to touch another man, but he discovers that it´s not so easy.
8. Parade / Netherlands / Digna Van Der Put / 2015 / 04’
In “Pаrade”, six fanfare flute players explore the landscape of the uniform. A journey that does not go unscathed.